B2B business has been built on communication but when the second wave of pandemic hits and lockdowns are imposed on more than 3 billion people in almost 70 countries, reaching your target audience through tried-and-tested channels at the end of the day shouldn’t be the ray of hope businesses hold onto.
The Textile and Garment industry has been too resistant to change even when e-commerce had just started setting up its roots. The Rip-and-Replace hasn’t been a part of their traditional strategy, and face-to-face played a huge role in building relationships & doing business.
The businesses that already had a small online presence had minimum operations going through for them on these online infrastructures, and it worked with the pace the market was going. Certain information about the businesses, and what value they were offering- worked as a plan for their online business platform.
But with the first wave of pandemic and lockdown hitting, we know that the digital transformation process has sped up, and every piece of informational strategy would push businesses to take their step towards building an online infrastructure lest they want to see the rest of others speed into the future.
The e-commerce market grew by 38.5% and is still growing in India.
So, where is the B2B market, and what exactly is needed for a B2B business while being in a state of developmental change?
The B2C has set a very high bar for customer journey satisfaction when it comes to online presence and B2B professionals have had one year to understand and are looking to pattern a similar experience.
74% of B2B buyers will buy from a competitor if the e-commerce experience can’t keep up.
An overhaul or implementation of the following would be the first steps to creating a B2B trade process and ease for business.
- Enhance self-support
- Look for distribution methods that integrate with your trade process.
- Build or continuous re-vamp your e-commerce platform with content that would attract your target audience
- Marketing automation build for customer satisfaction
- Increase back-end support
In short, today's B2B journey during quarantine and ahead in the future is not and will never be about a single transaction or logical step anymore.
Explaining a simple process here- There is a problem, to which businesses will research for products and services as a possible solution by going through pages of search engine a present equivalent of the book of yellow pages. 70% of the time the start point is the Google search engine.
Now, going through heaps of content, statistics, testimonials, let’s say they do find you. But, do they stick around long enough for you to communicate and build a strong relationship foundation?
“47% of B2B buyers consumed 3-5 pieces of content from a company before engaging with one of their Sales Reps.”
“83 % of B2B buyers agree personal buying experience impact their business purchases.”
An e-commerce platform is not setting up a window shop for an easy single-step transaction anymore, especially when demand for safety, sanitary, and healthcare, a sustainable technological infrastructure, a supply chain that builds strong partnerships at all levels of business, is being scrutinized with a magnifying glass.
Long established rules and ways of doing business are difficult to transform. Many hit a pilot purgatory. A start point would be through- an online marketplace. This helps achieve: -
- An idea of what your target audience looks for on an e-commerce platform
- Time to build your own online infrastructure, again with the help of observation.
- At times like this Less is more- it is an easy way to increase full-price sell-through to reduce inventory, reduce the burden, and possibly a pool of future business prospects
- Expect and learn from a relevant, logical, informational experience.
- Few easy-step procedures to start your online buying/selling journey, with minimum resources to put in for best results.
People want convenience. Case in point
We make B2B trade as easy and smooth any B2C platforms.
- Ecommerce with industry leading Shopify platform that enhances speed, reliability and security of transactions
- International payment modes available with multi-currency support for global trade
- F2FMART is a part of Fibre2Fashion’s umbrella, which is an end-to-end vertical focused e-marketplace, covering Apparels, Activewear, PPE & Face Masks, Home Textiles, Fashion Accessories, Cosmetics and Footwear.
- We pull from over 20+ years of focus from the textile and apparel industry
- More than 1.5 million monthly visitors from across the globe.
- Reach of more than 600,000 registered companies globally.
- Pre-verified buyers and sellers for at most convenience.